Who are we?
www.peel.co.uk is the web site for the Peel Group. We encourage the interactive nature of online media, but also try to educate clients and business contacts about how to appropriately safeguard their privacy when travelling on the web. Our information collection practices are described below.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you on the web site
- What company is collecting this information
- How the information is collected
- How this information will be used
- What communication you can expect from us
- With whom the information may be shared
- The security procedures in place to protect the information collected
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
1. What personal information do we collect?
We will collect the following information about you when you complete a request to sign up for a Peel Group newsletter via a Peel Group event, sign up to a Peel Group website for information, sign up to Wi-Fi services within The Peel Group or enter a competition within The Peel Group. We can request some if not all of the below:
- your name
- your business name
- your email address
- your telephone number
- your mobile number
- your business type
- your areas of interest
- your acceptance to receive communications relevant to you
It is necessary for you to provide some or all of this information if you wish to become a member of a Peel Group website (newsletter sign up at an Event), enter a competition within The Peel Group, use our Wi-Fi services across The Peel portfolio. By signing up to The Peel Group you are giving The Peel Group and its investment interests the authority to share your data with the Peel Domain (within The Peel Group) Your data will NOT be passed onto any 3rd parties external to The Peel Group or any companies that do not belong to The Peel Group.
The Peel Group consists of the following portfolio.
Any data that The Peel Group hold is secure within a resilient server that is hosted internally and NOT within The Cloud. Your privacy is important to us.
In addition there may be an option for you to provide further data relating to your specific interests. You can remove your data from The Peel Group database at anytime by unsubscribing from The Peel Group website that you signed up to, or by contacting us to request a removal of your data. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What company is collecting this information?
The Peel Group collects and uses your personal information. Peel is a trading name for a group of companies which are principally established in England and Wales. The company within the group which will collect the data is Peel Holdings (Management) Limited. The registered office for Peel Holdings (Management) Limited is Peel Dome, The Trafford Centre, Manchester M17 8PL, UK. We have notified the Office of the Information Commissioner of our data processing activities and our registered number is Z1655566.
3. How the information is collected
Your personal data will be collected via a newsletter, website, event data capture form or WifFi portal.
Log data collected on web servers within the Peel Group’s control also supplies Peel with non-personally identifiable information about the number of visits to different pages on the site. We use this information only for improving our site.
However, if you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website or any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how or alternatively go to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets cookies in order to evaluate your use of our website and compile reports for us on activity on it.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using the website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
You can reject this cookie and information on how to do this can be found at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
Details of these cookies are set out below:
__utmaThis cookie is written to your browser on first visit. This is used to determine unique visitors2 years from set/update.
__utmbThis cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with your site. When a user views a page on your site, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie30 minutes from set/update.
__utmzThis cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within the site. The cookie is updated with each page view to the site.6 months from set/update.
__utmxThis cookie is used by Website Optimizer. This is used to enable us to ensure the visitor receives the best experience of our site.2 years from set/update.
4. How this information will be used?
We respect your privacy and will only use your information:
- to log various usage and statistical information about your use of our facilities
- to administer the website and gather broad information about users of the site
- to send you newsletters
- for marketing purposes – providing you with details of new services and general information
- to advise you of changes to our website
Our site provides an opt-in facility so that you only receive information if you choose to. At any time you may change your marketing status indicating whether you want to opt-in or opt-out for marketing information. If you choose opt-in status, whenever we send you information, we will always give you the opportunity to request your details to be removed from our marketing list.
5. What communications can you expect from us?
We may need to contact you by email, or letter for the following purposes:
- to obtain any additional information necessary for marketing purposes or to keep our records updated
6. Who will we share your information with?
We may disclose your information to:
- our group companies, regulators, lawyers and auditors, funders and successors in title
- persons where required by law under a court order or subpoena or to any law enforcement agency in connection with the commission of any offence
- any third party service providers or agents acting on our behalf
- to provide statistical information as to the use of our website
- employees within The Peel Group for data collection audits and customer service information.
We understand the concerns you have about giving your personal details over the Internet so we are rigorous about our security procedures. The following procedures are in place to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration or theft of your information:
- we use secure sockets layer (SSL) technology with 128 bit encryption
- we use secure keys to encrypt your information while it is on the internet (where this security is supported by your browser)
- our server uses state of the art encryption to store your information
8. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
Your Information will be retained by us for as long as the purpose for which it was collected continues unless you choose to be removed from our database and this option will be available. By law, you are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold on you. You may change or modify your personal information at any time.
You may choose not to receive any communications from us and/or third parties. You can opt-out by contacting us – Care of the Company Secretary, Peel Holdings (Management) Limited, Peel Dome, The Trafford Centre, Manchester M17 8PL.
You may change or modify your personal information at any time. You may make a request to us to change or modify your information at any time.
If we change this policy, we will post the new policy on our home page. If the change means that we will use your information differently, we will notify you. You may accept the change of use, or if you do not, we will continue to use your information in accordance with the policy under which it was collected.
Our Pledge to You
Registered Address: Peel Dome, intu Trafford Centre, TRAFFORDCITY, Manchester, M17 8PL