More than just a shopping centre
Intu Trafford Centre was delivered by The Peel Group and is now part of Intu Properties plc, in which Peel holds a major shareholding. Intu is the UK's leading specialist developer, manager and owner of regional shopping centres.
More than 8,000 people are employed at intu Trafford Centre which has 2 million sq. ft. (185,806 sq. m.) of retail space.
A tourist destination in its own right it attracts well over 30 million visitors a year.
Intu Trafford Centre’s attractions include:
- Lots of tempting stores including Selfridges, John Lewis, Debenhams and Marks and Spencer.
- The Orient - the centre’s leisure and dining area - is the largest of its kind in Europe with a wide range of restaurants, cafes and bars to cater for more than 6,000 diners.
- The Great Hall - restaurants including Las Iguanas and Carluccio's are set under glass with a sweeping staircase and chandelier overhead.
- Barton Square - a 200,000 sq. ft. (18,581 sq. m.) homeware destination. Retailers include M&S Home, Next Home and Laura Ashley Home.
- A 20 screen cinema - one of the largest and busiest in the UK.
- Leisure facilities including a state-of-the-art Laser Quest and an entertainment venue called Namco containing an 18-lane bowling alley and a 40,000 sq. ft. LEGOLAND Discovery Centre. A brand new SEALIFE Centre opens in June 2013.
- 11,500 free car parking spaces.
Trafford Quays Leisure Village
Intu Trafford Centre is part of a wider 550 acre site with huge development potential and features the Trafford Quays Leisure Village.